I recently contributed a chapter to the book “Enterprise City: How Companies Are Changing the Global Urban Landscape)” which is available from Amazon for Kindle.
Not surprisingly, my chapter (chapter 5) is titled “Mobility is Revolutionizing Cities for the Better.” Other chapters include
- “Cities Will Redefine the World’s Future as Much as They Influenced our History” (by Richard Kadzis),
- “Smart Work Will Transform our Cities” (by Peter Miscovich),
- “Big Business and Cities: Opportunities for Leadership” (by Todd Megrath of MGM Grand Resorts),
- “Creating Sustainable Communities with our Next Natural Resource: Big Data” (by John Clark of IBM),
- “The A-daptive City” (by Rives Taylor),
- “Chicago New Heights – The Case for Integrated Sustainable Development” (by Paul McDermott),
- “The Ubiquitous Web and the ‘All-ternet(tm)’ (by Lubna Dajani),
- “The Forces Shaping the Future of Urban Economic Development” (by Bill Sproull of the International Economic Development Council),
- “Using the Power of Collaboration to Invent our Future Cities” (by Carol Warkoczewski of the City of San Antonio),
- “Can Public Policy Be Nimble Enough to Affect the Competitiveness of a Fast Growing City-Region?” (by Glenn Miller of the Canadian Urban Institute and Iain Dobson of Real Estate Search Corporation),
- “Form, Function and the Shape of Things to Come” (by Brock Dickinson),
- “Conscious Collective Evolution as the Primary Focus for Developing our Communities” (by Stijn De Winter), and
- “Finnish Cities as Forerunners of Sustainable Lifecycles and Smart Technology” (by Galina Kaariainen of PWC Cyprus and the World Futures Studies Federation).
If you’re interested in the urban future, it’s worth checking out!