Standard disclaimer: don’t take from my selections, ordering, headlines, etc. any indications of the interests or plans of my employer (if you do, you’ll undoubtedly be disappointed when they don’t play out.)
- Will carriers rise to meet M2M ecosystem challenges?
- Meta-(Carrier/Operator) Services
- Multi-Device Subscriptions: Rogers Quietly Touches Off a Sea Change for Mobile
- Android users consume more data than iPhone counterparts
- Verizon CEO echoes AT&T, Sprint on data plans for multiple devices
- Strategy 2.0: Vodafone’s ‘Happy Pipe’ Vs NTT’s ‘Two-Sided’ Approach in APAC.
- Despite free Wi-Fi, 70% rate mobile broadband as an important service
- Sprint adheres to its roadmap, turns on WiMAX in San Francisco Bay Area
- European carriers want content companies and smartphone makers to pay network usage fees
- Verizon CEO: 4G can be a ‘substitute’ for home internet and cable, will accelerate cord cutting
Russ’ observation: The world is changing for carriers with M2M, multi-device plans, and 2-sided business models making 4G seem like a minor tweak to the business model.